Well. You just never know what is going to happen if you promiscuously visit the blogosphere and decided to voice your opinion someplace. You just may find yourself invited into a meme situation, which is exactly what happened when I stopped by Aphra Behn’s place the other day and was inspired to respond to her extremely well thought out posts about religion. The result is the following meme:
1. List the last ten people who have commented on your blog
2. If you’re on my list then you should do the meme on your blog too
Here is the list:
2. Silverstar 98121
5. Tammy Vitale
7. Brenda Kula
Now for the questions:
1: What is your favourite post from number 3’s blog?
I have to say my favorite post from Truce’s blog has got to be Barefoot in the City. It was not a long post, but it struck a chord deep within me, and brought profound thoughts and memories to me.
2. Has number 10 taken any pictures that have moved you?
Oh my yes. Azahar takes the most wonderful pictures of absolutely delicious food that moves me to want to go back to Sevilla as soon as possible!
3. Does number 6 reply to comments on their blog?
Yes, Nursemyra does. Consistently, and wittily.
4. Which part of blogland is number 2 from?
Silverstar 98121 hails from the Pacific northwest of the United States. She posts on WordPress; but if you go to her blog you find out she has many other personas in addition to her wordpress one.
5. If you could give one piece of advice to number 7 what would it be?
Oh, Brenda! Try to maintain your sense of humor as you ride the rollercoaster called “Change of Life.” As far as I can tell, it is a lot longer ride than the “tame” things like Wild Fire at Silver Dollar City.
6. Have you ever tried something from number 9’s blog?
No, Ærchei doesn’t really tell you how to do stuff. He did inspire me to start posting on the various photography memes, and when I was a Baby Blogger he spent a certain amount of energy on email teaching me how to edit photos so I could post them on my blog, for which I am eternally grateful.
7. Has number 1 blogged something that inspired you?
Yes, Dragonqueen has inspired me. The last thing she wrote that really touched me was a plea to help save the Verle Old Growth Forrest, a tract of old growth forest in Sweden. I try to click there regularly, and I have bought stuff from the on-line shop.
8. How often do you comment on number 4’s blog?
Oh, I comment on Hentisirk’s blog about once every other week, I think.
9. Do you wait for number 8 to post excitedly?
Cybe R. Wizard does not post.
10. How did number 5’s blog change your life?
Well, how interesting that you should ask that question. Tammy has awakened in me the commitment to allow my inner child to play, to allow my creative side outlet. I also happened to acquire a beautiful spiritual occupant for my labyrinth from her, one of her Wylde Women lives in the center circle. She has lots of wonderful sculpture on her site. I aspire to have enough money to buy one of her fabulous torsos someday.
11. Do you know any of the 10 bloggers in person?
Yes. I know azahar and met her in her home town of Sevilla. When we visited she gave us grand direction on how to get around, facilitated our apartment rental and was an all round wonderful hostess.
12. Do any of your 10 bloggers know each other in person?
I don’t know.
13. Out of the 10, which updates more frequently?
Ærchie updates his blog several times a day, as horrible puns and beautiful pictures and deep philosophy cross his path.
14. Which of the 10 keep you laughing?
Ærchie, azahar, nursemyra are most often able to make me laugh out loud.
15. Which of the 10 has made you cry (good or bad tears)?
I don’t know what you mean by bad tears. There are tears, and not tears. Ærchie has made me cry tears of laughter, azahar has brought me to tears because of my compassion for her situation and my admiration for her courage in the face of it.
Now, that was an interesting meme. It made me aware of why I refer to having blog friends. Because I do have friends in far away places that I have never met in person. Nevertheless, they are truly friends, and my life is better because of them.