Local events have been making me full of questions lately.
Of course the political events of the day have my mind spinning. I’m trying to understand how anyone could think that defaulting on our national debt could possibly be a good thing. I am also wondering why fully grown people who are supposed to be mature enough to govern our country are throwing what amounts to temper tantrums since they can’t get their own way. I mean, the Supremes ruled that the Affordable Care Act is constitutional. Get over it already, and go back to passing your effing pork barrel and lining your pockets and listening to your corporate masters’ desires so that you can get more money in order to be elected again so you can go on your merry way doing the same thing next year. Who cares about the electorate, anyway? Do they REALLY need jobs?
On a lighter note, here are some other questions I have had lately.
1. Why does Mallory love my feet so much when I am in bed? What is so wonderful about them that they need to be rubbed on, talked to, purred at, and washed when I am trying to fall asleep?
2. Why do people feel the need to announce their comings and goings so loudly that they will pay extra for glasspack “mufflers”? Why do these same people insist they have a right to privacy?
3. Why do people think they need the right to bear arms, specifically assault weapons, so they can defend themselves against the government? Don’t they know that the Army has tanks and M50s and grenades and the Air Force has bombs and drones? Don’t they realize the government can effectively shut them down by making it impossible for them to use their debit card?
4. Why do intelligent people state that chain restaurants serving over-processed, over-priced chemical stews are “Good places to eat”??
5. Why do employees in public offices like Court Houses, Drivers License Bureaus, Public Libraries and the like think it is okay to use air fresheners, which have been demonstrated to be absolutely full of chemicals that are harmful to humans?
I could go on and on, but these are questions that have been bugging me lately.
I’m afraid there are no good answers.
What are some of your favorite questions?